What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Camping with 'Shooter'

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
April 1, 2014 was the tenth anniversary of my first flight of 'SHOOTER'
It is an experimental Super Cub, 180 hp Lycoming, 31"bush Wheels, Baby Bush Wheel tail wheel
The kit is from www.customflightltd.com great kit!
I have put 660 hours on it while, Still, flying my since sold RV6 with 998 hours, and now flying 'Borrowed Horse' RV8. The 'Horse' is seven, and has 550 hours.
'Shooter' has flown me to Idaho back country seven times. Lots of fun these last 10 years.
One Oshkosh, we flew 'Shooter' and camped in HB Camping. It was a hit with out RV friends that stopped by to share the shade of the high wing.
Aren't airplanes fun! :)

Last edited:
I haven't tried camping yet. Maybe this summer. Wow Jay you have more cumulative total time on your planes than I :D

Jay, I still think you need to keep Shooter out with us - much, much closer to all the cool places to camp....you can commute in the Horse! We'll keep Shooter lubricated for you... ;)

Keep asking Paul. Your cool crashpad should be the deciding factor. And you will keep it ready!

Paul

Paul,

I wish I could get that offer in the Denver Area, or Pagosa Springs!
We left 'Shooter' in Heber City, UT for two years. Did not use it very much. WE had the hanger and a house in Park City. A car too. It was just too far for me, since I am still working.

I am sure there are a lot of interesting places to go 'back country' flying in Nevada. I hope you do get a Super Cub sometime soon.

Carol and I want to get back to Mexican Mountain airstrip, in Utah. Look that one up. very remote.

Jay bird,

I have 2 for you in Utah.
Come see me and Kathy in October.

Caveman UT
Mineral Canyon UT----best:eek:
Shooter will like this one:D

Boomer

Winter

Winter is here, and no camping for a while. Looking forward to another spring/summer camping in Idaho, Montana, South Dakota.
Planing on visiting North Dakota too. Haven't been there. Ideas on what to see?

Last edited:
Winter Camping!

Pat, there was a C180 fly- In at Cedar Mills last weekend. Forecast was freezing temps. Carol came in and announced she was not going camping with me over the weekend!
Wow! I do not hear that often! I called the hotel desk,,, they had a cancellation! I told Carol I was going to stay in a room, and she decided to come along? We had a blast with Danny and Marthajane. Charlie and Donna. The 180 club people did not mind seeing the Beautiful Doll in the line up. We had about 18 C180 Skywagons.

Back