What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What are those things called?

BGordon

Well Known Member
Good morning everyone,
I am wondering: where the rudder cable exits the fuselage, there is a cover you can buy, I guess it is for stream line/aesthetics. What is that cover called? I would like to put them on my plane before I rivet in the back plate.
thanks,
Brandon

http://www.averytools.com/prodinfo.asp?number=10728

710.jpg

Don't rivet them on

Don't rivet them on until you have run your rudder cables. The cable ends are too large to fit through the openings..... guess how I found that out.

got 'em

I ran out to Avery's at lunch and grabbed a pair, now I haven't even made it home with them to test fit/size/or anything...but was wondering can they be mounted on the inside, or will they only fit on the outside of the skin

Good morning everyone,
I am wondering: where the rudder cable exits the fuselage, there is a cover you can buy, I guess it is for stream line/aesthetics. What is that cover called? I would like to put them on my plane before I rivet in the back plate.
thanks,
Brandon

Brandon:
I got mine from Avery Tools ([email protected] or www.averytools.com) part #10728, priced at $12.00, described as "rudder cable fairing sets for RVs" in their 2009 catalogue. I bought all of my RV building tools from Avery. They're a family business and a great company to deal with.
Dan Bergeron

Back