What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Skyview system cost..

Tram

Well Known Member
Hey guys-

Long story short - house fire plus our D180 on the workbench = major bummer.

So, I'm looking at going with a Skyview to replace it.

I'm current about 45 days from a new house, high speed Internet, etc. so right now I'm surfing 4G on my iPhone which can make researching quite a pain.

Could any of you guys who have run down the cost getting up and running with a single unit clue me in, just for some number figuring.

The D180 was going to be a VFR primary display. We fly other aircraft when going planned IFR.

Anyone?

Thank you much..

Jeff

Just looked this up myself. Using Dynon's "worksheet", a single 10 inch display with every possible option, including 2 servos was right at 11 grand. However, the basic system looks to be about 4700, IIRC.

Mike - where can I find that Dynon worksheet?

I don't need all the options.

Jeff

The price we like to quote is $4,835

This includes:

7" Screen
Backup Battery
AHRS
Wiring harnesses
GPS receiver
GPS software

Adding engine monitoring is $1,300 is you lost the sensors and wires from your D180. If you still have the sensors and such from the D180 then engine monitoring is $600. The D180 and SkyView use exactly the same wires and sensors so it's just plug and play.

The price we like to quote is $4,835

This includes:

7" Screen
Backup Battery
AHRS
Wiring harnesses
GPS receiver
GPS software

Adding engine monitoring is $1,300 is you lost the sensors and wires from your D180. If you still have the sensors and such from the D180 then engine monitoring is $600. The D180 and SkyView use exactly the same wires and sensors so it's just plug and play.

Thank you for the reply.

We lost all the wiring as well, but that's just part of it.

I do have a question though, will the Skyview function as a normal EFIS on the event of an ADHRS failure? Will it operate as an EFIS without ADHRS installed?

Thank you

Jeff

In my opinion, add it all up. Include EMS, servos, etc. Because frankly, that's what you will end up installing and that's the number you should get comfortable with.

Sure you can install without EMS, or without AP- but why? you're already in there, you're wiring, you'll end up doing it too.

It depends what you mean by "EFIS". Without the AHRS installed or functioning, you won't have the PFD: Attitude, airspeed, altitude. etc. You can still use the engine monitor and map. Same as your D180 would have been.

SkyView supports multiple AHRS units, and additional ones are sold at a discount ($800 vs $1200). If you have two, they are cross-checked for errors.

Don't forget that SkyView also supports a Mode-S transponder for $2200, which will set you up for the 2020 ADS-B mandate.

Cost for Skyview

I would suggest the 10" screen as there is lots of information to display and you will appreciate the real estate. I went with two 10" screens but that's probably not necessary.

Use all their stuff including the transponder as that will give you traffic which is a nice safety feature. I installed everthing they offer and love the system.:)

Back