What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping Prices

BGordon

Well Known Member
I was just wondering, does anyone have a rough idea of what it costs to ship a standard build fusulage to the Dallas/Fort Worth area?
thanks,
Brandon

I would think that the cost estimator on Van's site would be a pretty good indicator. There seems to be a lot of projects/RVs in the TX area so you might get lucky and pick up a used kit or two.

Call and ask the good folks at Vans. They'll tell you. They did for me in June. As a data point, for my -7 fuse it would have been $220 FedEx freight to Phoenix, AZ.

fuselage

My sb rv8 fuselage was shipped to Lake Charles, Louisiana for around 350 bucks, about 2 months ago.

bird

I didn't go digging through my paperwork, but I believe the fuselage kit was ~$280 via ABF (their terminal is a west of DAL. The finishing kit was $373 via DB Schenker (Terminal next to DFW).

Niether crate was damaged. I had no issue with either company. However, DB Schenker had just taken over BAX and seemed a little disorganized. It took a while for me get all the paperwork done.

The price quoted when the shipper calls you is to the terminal. If you want it to your driveway, be prepared to pay extra. If you have a pickup, just go get it, then you can take your time getting it out of the truck. I removed both kits from the truck myself, it isn't all that bad.

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but in case it helps, here's a data point: Jan 2011, Slow-build 9A fuselage shipped to Baltimore, MD via ABF, I picked up the crate with my own truck at the terminal, total charge: $367. The crate was in good shape, no damage.
John

Back