What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Express PCB and wiring schematics

miyu1975

Well Known Member
Spent some time this evening trying to get familiar with Express PCB/SCH so I can attempt to learn how to put together my wiring plans. I really need help with this area. First off does any one have some already made custom symbols I can use and to import to Express PCB?

Ryan,

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you all the ones that I have.

You'll have to save them in a specific directory which is indicated under the 'Component' menu item on the header, and then select 'Component Information'. You will see the directory (for your computer) where all component files should be stored.

Same here

If you need some more let me know, can also send schematics of my system if you need something to start with.

ExpressPCB is great if you want to build a PC board at the end...:)

If you want to learn a more complete CAD program, you can buy legal older versions of TurboaCAD on-line for under $20.

If you do, I have a complete set of symbols that work for wiring - borrowed from AeroElectric Bob, but completely redrawn for TurboCAD.

They are sized for 11 x 17 sheets, but are legible on a 8.5 x 11 sheet.

ExpressSCH

I cannot get this to download on my IPad so I assume it is for PC devices only.
Comments?

Would love to upgrade my pencil E drawings.

Jim
9a

Spent some time this evening trying to get familiar with Express PCB/SCH so I can attempt to learn how to put together my wiring plans. I really need help with this area. First off does any one have some already made custom symbols I can use and to import to Express PCB?

For the type of work we do, you don't need custom libraries. Just create a symbol at the top level, then copy and past it as you need it. You can always save it to a library, but how many airplanes do you plan on building? One multi-page schematic should document your entire design.

Examples (pdf) here.

Looong time Express user.

Back