What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2017 Oshkosh RV Social

Hey Folks,

We've got a special giveaway specifically for those of you that are going to the VAF social.

We've just released our Airshow Survival Kit, which includes everything you need to *ahem* stay hydrated while you're at Airventure, and I'd like to send the first 25 of these kits to worthy VAFers for FREE!

This kit includes the following:
  • Limited-edition vacuum-insulated stainless steel drinkin' horn
  • Team Rocket drink koozie
  • Bottle/can/fuel cap opener
  • A coupon good for 10% off any one item at Flyboy Accessories' booth

The first 25 people to order on our website and use the coupon code SURVIVOR at checkout will get the kit for free, with free shipping to the continental U.S. If you're outside the country, we can arrange pickup at the show.

We're looking forward to seeing all of you in just a few short weeks!

99005-2T.jpg

Nice! Thanks for doing this!

-Dan

Almost time to give the old lady her annual bath and fly her to Wisconsin. The party happens rain or shine, so don't forget your raincoat.

Looks like several sponsors have door prizes for the crowd, so when you arrive, find the the picnic table, and get a name tag for yourself.

Now the important part. Look for the roll of drawing tickets. They're in pairs, same number on each. Tear a set off the roll. Put one ticket in your pocket. Put the matching number ticket into the bucket, or box, or whatever we have there on the table to collect them. Honor system; one number per person please.

We'll be drawing from the bucket later, and calling the numbers, so keep your ticket handy!

Ok, that's it. There are eleven kegs this year; find me when a tap runs dry. As always (1) don't waste the cups, (2) thank the sponsors, and (3) keep track of your people. Walk, or elect a designated driver, and make sure everyone gets home safe.

Late to all the replies, but I will be there to talk about my multiple starts, never finishes, and tall tales :)

Look forward to putting some faces and names together. I want to go to the concert as well, so trying to figure out the timing on this.

Jeff

Skybolt Fastener Kit

Dan, can I offer a complete Skybolt Fastener Kit as a door prize/silent sponsor? Deb and I will be there all week and this would be a fun time for us on Monday. Depending on which aircraft takes the prize, I'll simply ship it to the winner. Deb hosts the Performers Tent and I plan to roam the premises to talk with customers through Monday.
Regards, Ned Bowers - Skybolt

Dan, can I offer a complete Skybolt Fastener Kit as a door prize/silent sponsor?
Regards, Ned Bowers - Skybolt

Sure, why not? It will make some builder very happy. Just get with me when we start calling tickets.

Osh first-timer here. So looking forward to the event! I have a very experienced pilot flying right seat with me, all the better to spot traffic converging on Ripon.

Thank you Dan & the great sponsors for putting on a terrific event again.
It was great reconnecting with all the VAFers.

Oh, & thanks for one of the many door prizes handed out.
I will definately use it.:D

Last edited:
Many thanks to Dan, the vendors supplying the beer and door prizes and to Gallaghar for providing the venue. All present seemed to have a really good time. Biggest and best social yet, in my opinion.

Let's do it again next year!

Mark

I wandered through event a little late, did not see anyone I knew personally, came out far end and noticed guy at picnic table by himself and asked if another stranger joined him.

We had great conversation about RV's and in time invited several other guys looking lost...had great time, especially after several of those cow beers, whatever it was, was good.

None of us knew each other but we did by end of evening. :)

Thanks for the party, enjoyed it.

New friends---

Suzanne and I attended for a short time the RV Social on Monday. Its amazing in this community just how many people are normally email addresses, or voices on the phone. Some of you were there. Now in all fairness, I'm not the most sociable person (I married UP), but found or better yet, some of you found us. Saw some old friends, needed to find and say hello to a bunch of you. Gosh---heed a mug shot or something:eek:.

But---just wanted all of you to know that Suzanne and I appreciate the hospitality from all of you. Yep---we'll do it again next year!

Tom and Suzanne

That would be Spotted Cow. Wish I could have brought some of that home with me!

Researchers have discovered that stacking cases of Cow on the wings of an RV is a leading cause of tank blisters. Of course, after a few Cows, RV owners don't care.

I'd like to take a few moments to thank our door prize sponsors.

Ned Bowers offered a model-specific Skybolt kit, which went to a worthy cause, Tango Flight, a student built airplane program. Serendipity!

Stein Air (a charter sponsor of the Social) put up two $50 gift certificates. The winners are cautioned to read the full disclosure on Stein's famous t-shirts. To the average homebuilder, a Stein gift certificate is a lot like a free sample of crack.

Continental "Produce Support Engineer" (and RV builder) Neal George delivered two gift bags from Mobile. There were rumors of a free Titan IO-370 in one of the bags. If it wasn't in your bag, it must have went to the other guy.

Lycoming/Thunderbolt's Jeff Schans brought lots and lots of cool T-bolt hats. May have been some other stuff in there too. I'm not sure, as I had already, ahhh, refreshed my beer after the first round of prizes.

Principle sponsor Gallagher Aviation collected a bunch of good stuff from the various underwriters who support the Vans insurance program, companies like Global, QBE, Old Republic, USAIG, and Aerospace. Somebody got a Moscow Mule set from Gallagher's own top secret prize closet, as well as some mugs and blankets and such.

Now, last but not least, can we have a round of applause for my buddies Jennifer and Shanna, the hardest working insurance agents in the free beer business?

Hey, I'm in that photo! I guess lots of us can say that! Thanks to Dan and all the sponsors for another great event.

Back