What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spinner Fitting

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
Just did the trial fit of my spinner. Then roughed and put epoxy on the inside of the spinner.

The prop is protected with the bags and tape it was shipped in and not very thick but not thin either. I?ve sanded the spinner back to just at the outside of the trim line. It seems the prop is very close under the tape to the edge of the spinner.

Also it seems that the back of the spinner is 1/8 or so aft of the bulkhead plate. I don?t think that creates a problem?

Last is the diameter at the rear spinner is a little bigger than the bulkhead plate and doesn?t fit exactly.

I think I will have to take the bags off and put one tape layer down to really see what?s up. How has the Van?s spinner marking worked out for others?

Some of the later step will have you trim the openings around the prop blades to give a certain (1/8"?) clearance, and you trim the aft edge to be flush with the read spinner bulkhead later, as well. When you do the clearance, I did push the factory plastic up the blade a bit and put thin tape on the prop blade to help a little for protection.

Back