What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Phase 1 question

dmat

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hi all,

I am converting my aircraft from FADEC to FI and was informed I need to do phase 1 testing and log it.

Couple of questions:

1) Do I need to inform the FSDO?

2)What phase 1 testing do I need to conduct if its just the FI change?

3) I am assuming I need to fly it for a minium of 5 hours correct?

This may not be considered a major repair or alteration.

However, there is no harm in putting it back into Phase 1 for five hours. It only takes a logbook endorsement putting it in and taking it out of Phase 1.

I recently reskinned an elevator and replaced a cracked engine mount and put it in and out of Phase 1 for five hours, even though it wasn't required.

Good luck and let us know what you think of the switch, when you are complete.

Maybe...

This may not be considered a major repair or alteration.

However, there is no harm in putting it back into Phase 1 for five hours. It only takes a logbook endorsement putting it in and taking it out of Phase 1.

I recently reskinned an elevator and replaced a cracked engine mount and put it in and out of Phase 1 for five hours, even though it wasn't required.

Good luck and let us know what you think of the switch, when you are complete.

I can't talk as to whether this is a major change or not, but if it is then his OPLIMS may require more than just a logbook entry to put it back in Phase 1. Mine states I have to notify and gain concurrence from the FSDO of the proposed test area and that that the FSDO may require additional time (more than 5 hours) depending on the extent of the modification.

Back