What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

tractor supply nose wheel tube?

RobertD

Well Known Member
anyone tried a tube from tractor supply for our little nose wheels (11x400-5 TR87)?

I replaced the nose wheel tube recently with the usual aero classic leakguard from ACS but the stem just didn't line up perfectly, making it impossible for me to get the extension onto the valve. So I tried my spare and it has the same problem. Plus the "leakguard" description is laughable.

The tractor supply tube is more expensive but it's also right here in town. Any reason not to try one of them?
Here's the link:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...ve-stem?solr=1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051#

Tubeless Beringer:

BERINGER-NSWH-KIT.jpg

Order it now

I talk to the folks at Barringer and they didn?t have any for me to buy at Osh , They will sell direct and there?s 10% off if you mentioned talking to them at Oshkosh

All three wheels on my Lancair are 11x400-5. The wheels/brakes/axles are Matco, costing about $300 each. The tires are Cheng Shin 8 ply costing $31 each. The tubes are AeroClassic Leak Guard TR87 at $15.85 each. I'm still using the same nose tire after 350 hrs. The mains wear out a LOT faster.

How much is a unplanned night or two away from home worth to ya??

I hear you. I've had one flat in 15 years of flying the -6A, thankfully only 20 miles from home base. I now *always* have spares and a tool bag when I fly.
I really like the idea of the beringer but alas my next big expenditure (I hope) will be ads-b out.

one more thing

I went to tractor supply to get the tube, and, sure enough, it was right there on the shelf. I opened the box to have a look at it and the valve stem was bent a good bit less than the 90 degrees called for. So off I went to a local lawnmower shop and found a tube with the proper bend on the stem. This stem on this tube fits a whole lot better in the wheel than the two I bought from Spruce.

I went to tractor supply to get the tube, and, sure enough, it was right there on the shelf. I opened the box to have a look at it and the valve stem was bent a good bit less than the 90 degrees called for. So off I went to a local lawnmower shop and found a tube with the proper bend on the stem. This stem on this tube fits a whole lot better in the wheel than the two I bought from Spruce.

What was the brand name and part number.....

Carlisle

What was the brand name and part number.....

the bag sez "Carlisle" and in smaller letters "Industrial Tube."

It fit nicely and I didn't have as much trouble avoiding the dread pinch. Still holding 45 lbs after a few days, but only one takeoff/landing.

Back