What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Now which Seat belts

It's time to buy the seat belts for my RV-10.

What are currently the recommendations for seat belts, in terms of type, buckles, number of attachment points and brand?

Thanks
Carlos

There are a couple of threads on this. Based on those and my personal preferences, I'm going with Crow. I spoke with Hooker at Oshkosh, and found they had more options (colors) than Crow, but their harnesses were premium priced vs Crow too.

I'm probably headed towards 2" belts, no pads, with the Kam Lock latch.

I went with the 2" Crow belts / no pads/ cam locks/ 5 point harness.

I am very happy with quality and function. Making the front seats a 5 point was very easy.

Thanks for the answers so far, I would like to hear more.

Scott
I also appreciate pictures of your installation

Thanks
Carlos

Amazon has a Tanak 2" 5-point cam-lock harness for $47. I have flown with it for a few years. Don't let the price fool you. It is a great harness.

There are a couple of threads on this. Based on those and my personal preferences, I'm going with Crow. I spoke with Hooker at Oshkosh, and found they had more options (colors) than Crow, but their harnesses were premium priced vs Crow too.

I'm probably headed towards 2" belts, no pads, with the Kam Lock latch.

I went the Hooker route. They will almost always honor the OSH discount year round. They do have a lot of options for the colors of belt, trim, releases and padding. I found them good to deal with. I have a 7 so can not make a specific configuration recommendation for a 10.

Hookers

The hooker group will build you most any type of buckle or color and very good quality.

I still have the stock seat belts and tell myself I'm going to replace them every annual. The stock seat belts loosen in turbulence.:(

I still have the stock seat belts and tell myself I'm going to replace them every annual. The stock seat belts loosen in turbulence.:(

Interesting. I too have the stock belts but have not had any issues with them loosening up at any time on their own. :confused:

+2 On The Hookers

By the time you factor in the Oshkosh deal, the price is close to Crow(which are also nice). I ordered mine with the pad snap installed, then made my own soft pads. The hooker pads are more for race cars or acro planes. Not really suited for the stylish 10. I found that when they are new, they will chafe your neck a little if you're wearing a t shirt. Like in most planes. Which is why when I rented, I always flew in a collared shirt.
Plus, my wife got them for me for Christmas in the color she had already planned for the outside of the plane. That way I could honestly say, "my wife bought me hookers for Christmas" :D

1611do3.jpg

4 vs 5 point belts

In your experience which belts are more comfortable for cross country? 4 point belts or 5 point belts.

I like the five point because it keeps the lap belt in place.

Flew almost 6 hour roundtrip to FL with no problems-but I'm used to them from work anyway.

Sorry, I missed the request for pictures of install. Will try to post some tomorrow.

Here is the photo..

i-G3HwtT9-M.jpg

Real easy-- use AN4 bolt with large washer on top to retain buckle and another on underside to spread out the load.

Last edited:
Back