What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where do you source your paint products?

RidiculousM

Well Known Member
Wheres a good place to buy PPG paint/primer? The places in California that I used to buy from no longer carries it and seems harder to find. Also looking for a recommendation for Sherwin Williams paint as well? Any chance there is a supplier that sells both? Thanks in advance Mike

Last edited:
I use a local automotive paint supplier that caries the PPG products and other supplies for auto body collision repair shops. There is another local supplier that carries both PPG and Sherwin Williams products; the interesting part of that supplier is that the two "competing" products are not in the same store front. PPG is sold in one and SW in the other. There is a door inside that allows one to walk from one to the other.

I just mail ordered my epoxy primer from https://www.southernpolyurethanes.com
and I really liked working with their primer.

I have used SPI for two planes and 4 auto restorations (primer, clear, single stage and sometimes base). Products are of excellent quality and reasonably priced. Their clear is one of the most user friendly ones out there and excellent for amatuers. Their support for amatuer painters is also excellent.

Highly recommended.

Larry

Last edited:
I used Sherwin William Aerospace products from Alliance Coatings, good service. They know paint. Product comes in a few days. I use Acry Glo HS. Single stage paint, buffs well so an amateur like me can remove the defects.

I also tried Skygeek but got very poor service, they just out source the order to Aviall(a division of Boeing) Horrible service sometime a month or more to get product.

I also took the Sherwin Williams painting class.

Main learning from painting it's not so much getting the paint on but processing it after you have it on. Well that and the prep work :)

Back