What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerobatic Practice and Coaching in NC

ronschreck

Well Known Member
Hello Aerobatic Enthusiasts,

This is a friendly reminder that IAC Chapter 19 will hold a Spring Practice Day on Saturday, March 16th at Siler City, NC (KSCR). All aerobatic enthusiasts are welcome to attend and observe, including those new to the sport. So if you have been thinking about attending an IAC event.......this will be a great place to start!

Subscribe to this thread for updates. You will need to be a current IAC member to fly in the practice area and to receive coaching. (Join here.) Also, be aware that the minimum altitude for aerobatics at KSCR is 1500? AGL.

New participants are always welcome and parachutes will be available to borrow. Please forward this announcement to anyone who might be interested.

Ron, Wx permitting I'm planning on flying down from DC Saturday early. Anything special I need to know about attending; it's my first time for any IAC event so I'll probably just watch and learn.

Robert

Ron, Wx permitting I'm planning on flying down from DC Saturday early. Anything special I need to know about attending; it's my first time for any IAC event so I'll probably just watch and learn.

Robert

Throw in a folding chair and some sunscreen. You can learn a bunch just by sitting next to an experienced IAC judge as he coaches the pilots flying in the box. I encourage you to fly if you feel comfortable with basic aerobatics. We can loan you a parachute as well. This will be a very low pressure training day so I hope you join us.

aerobatic experience opportunity

A chance to be briefed, coached, and socialize with Ron would be a very valuable and enjoyable experience. He's not only a tough competitor and qualified international aerobatic judge, but will be the Contest Director for the US Nationals Aerobatic Contest in Kansas this year. Don't miss this opportunity if you're in the area. Hope the weather and practice goes well.
WillyEyeball
RV-4 Slider
Lower AL

A chance to be briefed, coached, and socialize with Ron would be a very valuable and enjoyable experience. He's not only a tough competitor and qualified international aerobatic judge, but will be the Contest Director for the US Nationals Aerobatic Contest in Kansas this year. Don't miss this opportunity if you're in the area. Hope the weather and practice goes well.
WillyEyeball
RV-4 Slider
Lower AL

St Patrick Day parade here in Savannah that day....!

The latest from Rick Ross - event organizer

Gentlemen,

Weather permitting, we are all set for the IAC 19 practice day at Siler City on Saturday (March 16). A few items for your consideration:
Let?s all plan on being there for a 10:00 am preflight briefing if possible. No worries if you arrive later....we will make it work.
The airport has recently been conducting some work on the runway edge lights which has resulted in a displaced threshold and 2500? of available runway length. However, I spoke with the airport manager today, and he has assured me that the entire runway length will be available for our use on Saturday. If in doubt about the runway status, please check the latest NOTAMs and/or call the FBO via phone or radio.
Note that there is no waivered Aerobatic Practice Area at KSCR, so all applicable FAR?s will apply to our operations. Minimum altitude for aerobatics will be 1500? AGL at all times.
Due to insurance requirements, all participants must be current IAC members, and must sign the event waiver form. Join Here!
If you have a portable radio, please bring it with you. Experience has shown that we cannot have too many! I will bring one with me, but we really need at least one more.

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. Cheers,

Rick

Note: If we have to cancel the event due to weather, I will notify everyone via this thread no later than 8:00 am on Saturday morning.....so be sure to check here before you depart for KSCR.

Lunch

Is there a restaurant on the field or should we plan to bring our own lunch and water?

Let's do it!

Weatherman says we will have sunny skies, light winds out of the north and a high of 60 degrees today. See you at Siler City (KSCR). Briefing at 1000 if you can make it. Late comers welcome as well.

Where have all the RVs gone?

If you missed it, you missed out! Rick put on a great practice session with expert instruction and critiquing by some of the best in the business. I got in three flights and learned a thing or two. Just goes to show you that you're never too old the learn something new. I'll be headed down to Houston in a few weeks for the Early Bird Contest at Jackson County Airport (26R), March 29-30. If you are in the area drop on by and see what IAC competition is all about. There's a contest at Marion County Airport (X35) in Florida on the same weekend. If you are in the area drop in and witness the Snowbird Classic.

My thanks to Rick Ross, Tony, Cody, Danny, Ken, Larry and Gary. It was a fun day!

Back