What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F14133-1 update

HeliCooper

Well Known Member
Vans posted an update today that includes a new part number F14133-1 to replace the F14133. Additionally this piece is countersunk instead of dimpled. I assume Van's did this because the new piece is thicker and they may have problems with cracking? Does anyone have any more information on this?

Thanks

F-14133-1

Assumption is correct.

Part has been revised to be thicker.

So Scott, should we remove the two that are already installed from Section 28 and replace with the thicker ones? If so, is Van's sending out a replacement for those two and the one from Section 45? Thanks.

So Scott, should we remove the two that are already installed from Section 28 and replace with the thicker ones? If so, is Van's sending out a replacement for those two and the one from Section 45? Thanks.

Replacing them or leave them would be builders choice.

I believe this will fall under continued product improvement so if a builder chooses to change them they will need to purchase the parts (cost should only be a few $).

This sort of thing is going to happen over an airplanes lifespan (assuming the design is being closely monitored for age related problems like the RV's are).

What's the thickness of the new part? I'm a couple of days away from using it. Seems easy to duplicate if I knew the thickness. I'm guessing .063?

Back