What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SafeAir Fittings

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I was going to pick up the individual fittings for the SafeAir pitot/static/AOA runs, and some questions came up....

I'll be using the G3X ADAHRS. Does the spacing of the ports permit the SafeAir male 90 or the male run T's room to be installed? Or do the elbows and run-T hit each other? Or is it best to have a straight male fitting and T off a little away from the unit....

Going to have a GRT Mini as backup too.

I have the Vans stock static tubing run up to the baggage door already and don't want to change it out. What's the best way to get the tubing from the stock over to the SafeAir? The stock tubing is 1/4, can I just put it into a SafeAir union?

No problem with the 90* fittings on the GSU25. These are just like the SafeAir fittings, but I got them from SteinAir.

No leaks, (ground) tested up to 25,000' for the IFR Pitot/Static test.

IMG_5705.JPG

I have the Vans stock static tubing run up to the baggage door already and don't want to change it out. What's the best way to get the tubing from the stock over to the SafeAir? The stock tubing is 1/4, can I just put it into a SafeAir union?

I think the same fittings fit the 1/4" aluminum line.

I was going to pick up the individual fittings for the SafeAir pitot/static/AOA runs, and some questions came up....

I'll be using the G3X ADAHRS. Does the spacing of the ports permit the SafeAir male 90 or the male run T's room to be installed? Or do the elbows and run-T hit each other? Or is it best to have a straight male fitting and T off a little away from the unit....

Going to have a GRT Mini as backup too.

You can put a "T" behind the panel, have the static line come up from the back then, have the two side parts going to the Garmin and the Mini. On the Mini, you only have static and pitot, no AOA. So the AOA will go straight to the Garmin. So you only need two "T"s. Just use a short piece of tubing to go the Mini and a little longer piece to the Garmin or visa versa.

Back