What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

7A Battery and Relay Installation Drawing

sglynn

Well Known Member
I'm confused. Source of confusion is distinguishing instructions and drawings for the 7 versus the 7A. Just started working on firewall forward kit for IO360 into a 7A and am stumped by the following. Your insights and answers are appreciated.

1. What drawing shows the 7A (not 7) battery and relays installation? Dwg 31A appears to be for 7. Does it apply to 7A also? If so the fuel line installation has an interference.

2. Do I need the batter box kit? Where in the plan and drawings is the battery installation explained for the 7A. Seems like I don't need the battery box kit. I suppose it was included in firewall forward kit, but might return it.

Thanks.

31A applies to 7A assuming you want a PC680 battery and the solenoid styles provided by Vans. There are other options but they require custom work.

Last edited:
Have you decided what battery you are going to use? I went with the EarthX, they make a battery box for their battery now if you are going that route, you can save 10+ lbs that's a LOT! just think of all those holes you drilled to save an oz here and an oz there.

Back