What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HS Rib Fluting

PilotRPI

Which of the ribs in the HS do you have to flute, just the ones that have the holes pre-drilled? The others appears to have enough play in the flanges due to the notches along their lengths. The directions say fluting instructions would be included in the plans for anything requiring fluting that doesn't have pre-punched holes, but I didn't see anything in the plans.

If you check out the section "Drilling the Horizontal Stabilizer". Look at the line that starts "Slip the HS-404 and 405..." and read from there. I think all will be revealed. In my instructions it can be found at the bottom of 6-2.

You will be fluting the the pre-drilled as well as the ones you drill. The process is roughly the same, you just have to figure out where the holes are going to be before you flute the ribs.

Fluting

Which of the ribs in the HS do you have to flute, just the ones that have the holes pre-drilled? The others appears to have enough play in the flanges due to the notches along their lengths. The directions say fluting instructions would be included in the plans for anything requiring fluting that doesn't have pre-punched holes, but I didn't see anything in the plans.

I didn't see a need to flute the ribs with the notches anywhere near as much but did mark hole locations and fute a bit.

Back