What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Will engine fit

Mycool

Well Known Member
Hello all, I am looking at an lycoming I0-360 C1-E6 pulled from a seneca, does anyone know if this will will work without any modifications to a RV6?

no, first of all the e1c6 has a front mount governor. so it will take a different baffling set up and some cowl mods.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Motor

Ok, thank you for the quick reply. For my future reference where would I find a list of acceptable engine models for use on vans aircraft. I looked on vans, would it be only the models they sell?

Hello all, I am looking at an lycoming I0-360 C1-E6 pulled from a seneca, does anyone know if this will will work without any modifications to a RV6?

That's a 200HP engine. Two steps up from Van's recommended max power for the RV6. The weight is also significantly more. You will have more issues than what it's worth in my opinion. And my opinion is worth less than what you paid for it. :)

Bevan

ciE6

I have that engine in my RV6 with front mount gov and Sam James cowling and it fits great.It will fit an RV7 it was designed for 200HP.
Bob

Ok, what about removing the governor (if possible) and installing a fixed pitch. What kind of issues did you have installing the your c1e6?

You can go fixed pitch, which is what I was going to do (Catto) when I was looking at the same engine for my -7A. That engine sold to another before I could close the deal, however.

I used a C model sump on a parallel valve O-360 on my 1st RV and had to modify the engine mount. It may be positioned further forward on an angle valve case but I'd be sure to check it.

Back