What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric Folding Bicycle

MVPILOT

Well Known Member
I really want to fly my RV-12 with a electric folding bicycle and particularly liked the Tern S10. However it doesn't look like the S10 will fit. It folds to 32" x 30" x 15" I looked on Amazon for other choices and I haven't found one that fits well. Now starting to think about removing the passenger seat and hauling it there. Has anyone else have an electric bicycle solution for the RV-12?

What, these don't come with a rainbow wig, big shoes, and red nose? Sorry, I had to. :D Actually, that's pretty cool but pricey.

If you don't mind scooters, there is this:

https://gotrax.com/products/gxl-electric-commuter-scooter/

I have one and have flown with it in my RV-9A a couple of times. It is a tight fit but you can finagle it.

Not a cheap solution, but the electric Brompton should be available soon in the US.

While I didn't see the folded measurements, pretty sure this bike will fit in an RV-12. I'm OK with the price but not excited about the top speed of 15. The US standard is 20 mph and many bikes will do 28.

Thanks for the tip because I didn't realize that the Brompton folds double for a much smaller package. So I will look into this more when time.

Back