What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for PIREPs for electronic checklist for iPad

Dean Pichon

Well Known Member
I just switched from an Android tablet to an iPad (sticking with Garmin Pilot, for now, at least). In switching platforms, I had to give up my electronic checklist. Can anyone recommend one for the iPad. I heard Foreflight has or had one independent from their main product, but could not find it.

Thanks, in advance.

Foreflight Checklist Pro

Hi Dean
I use the "Foreflight Checklist Pro for iPhone" app on my iPad. You probably cannot find it because you are searching through the iPad apps; try to search through your iPhone. The app runs seamlessly on the iPad, but is technically an iPhone app. I have just checked the App Store and it is still available.

I've had good luck with CheckMate's app. I used their physical checklists long before the iPhone was a thing and I really liked their formatting and flow. It's a paid app and you'll have to create your RV checklist (but I imagine that's the case with any app). The nice thing about it is that it will sync across devices and there's a decent web interface for creating and editing your checklists.

Another benefit of it is that if you ever need/have/want to fly another plane, they have an extensive library of models available (for a fee). I also think you can share your custom checklists with others but I'm not certain of that. Lastly, if you need hard copies, you can print them.

Link.

Last edited:
I've had good luck with CheckMate's app. I used their physical checklists long before the iPhone was a thing and I really liked their formatting and flow. It's a paid app and you'll have to create your RV checklist (but I imagine that's the case with any app). The nice thing about it is that it will sync across devices and there's a decent web interface for creating and editing your checklists.

Another benefit of it is that if you ever need/have/want to fly another plane, they have an extensive library of models available (for a fee). I also think you can share your custom checklists with others but I'm not certain of that. Lastly, if you need hard copies, you can print them.

Link.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had found CheckMate while searching the App Store. I was concerned it might not allow the flexibility to create a unique checklist. It looks like the app is free but each aircraft checklist is $14.99. Can I just buy any one and modify it as required?

I just noticed you are in Lititz. Until recently, I had been going to Lititz frequently to visit a supplier (Sechan Electronics). Lititz is a great little town.

Thanks for the help,

Dean

Hi Dean
I use the "Foreflight Checklist Pro for iPhone" app on my iPad. You probably cannot find it because you are searching through the iPad apps; try to search through your iPhone. The app runs seamlessly on the iPad, but is technically an iPhone app. I have just checked the App Store and it is still available.

Hi Phil,

Thanks. I was able to find the app by searching on my PC. This evening, I will search iPhone apps using my iPad....

Regards,

Dean

Can I just buy any one and modify it as required?

Sorry for the delay, I just saw this. I THINK you can start one from scratch even without buying any other planes. I'm not 100% certain as I never tried before I bought the checklist for the Tiger I'm currently flying. I know that you can copy and modify. I did that to customize their Tiger checklist to the one in our club. There's also a button to add a new aircraft.

Lititz is a great little town. I know the guys at Sechan. They do nice work.

KF

Back