What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USA: Georgia

OK, I'm at the airport and the smell of smoking pork in the morning air is intoxicating! There are 30+ teams here. The part where the public eats is kinda hard to discern but here is what I understand....around 11:30 - 12:30 the teams are turning in their meats for judging. Of course, they only turn in a plate for each category and then the teams will be selling what they have left and/or giving it away. There is no people's choice voting for this. There is a large quantity of food here so I don't think anyone will walk away dissappointed.

Calhoun, GA - Saturday, May 21st

Come visit us at Calhoun, GA this Saturday. The airport (CZL) is having an open house, EAA 268 (and any other qualified folks) are flying Young Eagles, and there will be burgers and hot dogs available for lunch. The proceeds from lunch will help fund EAA 268's hangar project.

9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.

Fuel: $5.59/gallon.

Hope a bunch of you can attend!

Anybody flying anywhere tomorrow (the 4th)? I want to take the wife on her first cross-country in my Stinson tomorrow, it'd be nice to go to a fly in or something.

Thanks,
Chuck

Just did this a week or so ago. Parked at Signature at KSAV, beware there is a steep ramp fee, but part of it might be waived with fuel? Check first.

Get a car, but it is easy to walk around town. Go to Bonaventure cemetery (you have to drive)....skip the ghost tour unless you like that stuff. I thought it was lame. We stayed at the Marshall house, but ample B&B options. Also, multiple chain hotels near the river front, all looked nice and new. Hampton, etc. I'd do that again over the Marshall house, mainly for $$ reasons.

Jekyll Island is also way cool. You could do Savannah in a day, then go there.

KSAV is a great place to go and Signature is normally where I go. They have a fee, I believe its $28.00 (can be waved if you buy fuel), that includes crew car, which you can get for 4 hours.

Savannah/Hilton head is about 15 Minutes from River Street and I would suggest Spankys River Street.

KSAV is a great place to go and Signature is normally where I go. They have a fee, I believe its $28.00 (can be waved if you buy fuel), that includes crew car, which you can get for 4 hours.

Savannah/Hilton head is about 15 Minutes from River Street and I would suggest Spankys River Street.

Another cool place to go in Savannah is the Savannah Bee Company

I have a friend who fly's to KSAV just to get honey once a month. 100 Dollar Honey Run.

Back