What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

49 06

Gandalf

Well Known Member
I am trying to install the oil reservoir and the factory installed "clamp" at the upper end of the reservoir needs to be rotated about 45 degrees. Can someone tell me if it is OK to loosen this clamp and rotate it... and if there is a torqued setting when reinstalling the clamp?

Jeff

Can't imagine why that would be a problem as long as it stays clear everything in the area. But, not sure why it would have to be rotated. Mine went in pretty much like it shows in the Figure ...

I am trying to install the oil reservoir and the factory installed "clamp" at the upper end of the reservoir needs to be rotated about 45 degrees. Can someone tell me if it is OK to loosen this clamp and rotate it... and if there is a torqued setting when reinstalling the clamp?

Jeff

I believe you are talking about the clamp that holds the top and bottom of the tank together. It is OK to rotate this as necessary. In fact, once you have securely mounted the tank itself to the firewall the eaiest way to rotate the top to properly orient the oil hoses is just that. You will also need to rotate the top occasionally in the future if you reroute oil hoses for instance, such as when you install an oil thermostat. Same for periodic tank cleanings.

Back