What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 tailwheel training in Denver

Hi, I've recently earned my tailwheel endorsement and RV6 training in Florida. I then flew as PIC with my dad in his RV6 from Florida back home to Front Range in Denver.

Now I would like to get some additional takeoff and landing training. Can anybody recommend a local instructor who can provide lessons in my RV at KFTG (I only have left side brakes) or in the instructor's RV if dual brakes would be preferred?

Thank you,
Bryan Ferrer

Red Rv-6, checkered flag on tail? One we didn't recognize came in today while a group of us had lunch. I can't help with instruction, but Alan may be able to help you out. He will be out there about 8:15am tomorrow, a group is heading to Wyoming for a chili run. North east group of hangars, 2nd large set of 55x50's....east side. He has an RV6, but I think he will be in his C-195 tomorrow. If he can't help you, ask him about Billy...he likely will.

Depending on your timeline

I have my -8 at KFTG and could help you out depending when you need the training. I have a torn achilles and won't be flying for another month or two.

When I start flying again I will have to meet the other RV guys out there. I am in one of the big hangars on the east side. I would like to get in on some of the food runs

I made contact with a CFI named Bill M through the local EAA chapter. I Will do some training with him today. And yes, we were in the red RV6 with checkered flag painted on the tail. I'll try to stop by the other hanger you mentioned and say hello.

Billy M. Helluva good guy. You will enjoy this! :)

I'm almost jealous. He is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Nice plane!

Casey...which hangar? What color? I am the blue and white RV8, out there 6 (or 7) days a week. 37850 Cessna way

Last edited:
Hangar location

I am in the second hangar from the east on Astra way. It is a big tan hangar I share with 4 other pilots from Buckley. My RV-8 is in my profile image, yellow and gray with invasion stripes and yellow and black checkered tail. I will stop by next time I'm out there at your place and say hi.

Back