What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

An 8A Guy builds a 7!

I dunno Jer... I'm about ready to take this project to the airport, and hope to have this baby in the air by the end of the year. The furthest thing from my mind is to start on another one... you bein' a Dr. and all... this disease you've got aint contagious is it? :D

Reheat said:
I dunno Jer... I'm about ready to take this project to the airport, and hope to have this baby in the air by the end of the year. The furthest thing from my mind is to start on another one... you bein' a Dr. and all... this disease you've got aint contagious is it? :D

I'm afraid you already have the disease - you just don't know it yet! :D
Just wait a few years, and it will emerge from its dormant state. And sadly, there's no cure.

I want to check out your bird, Chuck. I'll call you soon!

kevinh said:
Good for you - this winter I plan to treat my repeat offender urges to an 8A.

You will not regret it, Kevin. I still love my 8A. I'm trying to figure out a way to keep both of them.

No problem, Doc..........

Mornin' all,
Doc, just yesterday I flew over to Allendale, SC to visit a buddy, Jack Woodward who, like me, has literally thousands of hours in taildraggers flying ag for over thirty years now. My nosegeared 6A had him smiling the whole time with kind remarks like, d*** how do I get down to 140? Jeeez.........fast, WOW, silky controls...are they hooked up? Nosegear/tailgear never came up.

My wife will absolutely not agree to looking at the back of my head either. I'm blessed in that she loves to go flying with me, any time, anywhere. So, side-by-side and nosegear too....but I may just need....want...an RV4 for the Walter Mitty fighter pilot in me............with 600 HP!! :D

Back