VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-30-2019, 03:49 AM

Default RV-12iS #121128 in Germany

Since October 2018 I am working on my RV-12iS. The empennage kit went together very nicely. I absolutely love the engineering quality. Everything is so smart and without compromise. My last/first built was a Savannah-S. Great plane and fun to built, but much more compromises. Many details where just "good enough" for instance the excessive use of rivnuts. (They will fail on you in the most unwelcome time and place). The part I missed most about my Savannah built was the lack of appropriate construction manuals. They are so outdated and wrongly translated to many times, that building is hard for the first time builder. Without the help from the friends from the Australian forum, I would have been lost. But its a great flying plane, that well suited for beginners and very forgiving in all aspects.

The empennage kit was finished after 74 hours (without assembling the tail feathers to fuselage). This seems fast, but may result from my decisions to not prime Alclad parts at this built.

D-MDRV RV-12 #121128 enpenage kit
Donation made til August2109
WTB HomebuiltHelp DVD's for RV-12

Last edited by Major-Tom : 01-30-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:38 AM

With your previous experience I am not surprised that you move along quickly
RV-14 kit #140138
Flight testing
Http://magnusrv.blogspot.se