What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Adsb report

rwarre

Well Known Member
Still having issues generating a report when flying with the echo uat. My ipad shows that it is working but I guess the signal is not reaching the towers. Looking for an avionics genius in Colorado or neighboring state

If you are doing the validation flight in rule airspace make sure you enter the zulu time of the flight when you request the report. I had problems getting the rebate code until I put the exact time in even on days with only one flight.

Still having issues generating a report when flying with the echo uat. My ipad shows that it is working but I guess the signal is not reaching the towers. Looking for an avionics genius in Colorado or neighboring state

How does your iPad show it is working? If using ForeFlight, ADS-B status OK or Marginal means ADS-B "in" (traffic & weather) are currently being updated. Only way to know if ADS-B "out" is working is to request PAPR after flight is completed.

If flight fails to generate a PAPR report then some elements are missing - perhaps prssure altitude or GPS altitude.

How does your iPad show it is working? If using ForeFlight, ADS-B status OK or Marginal means ADS-B "in" (traffic & weather) are currently being updated. Only way to know if ADS-B "out" is working is to request PAPR after flight is completed.

If flight fails to generate a PAPR report then some elements are missing - perhaps prssure altitude or GPS altitude.

Within ForeFlight, when connected to an ADS-B IN source, you can go to More > Devices, and click your ADS-B IN device. Scroll down some, and you?ll find ADS-B OUT, and it?ll tell you not detected, or provide the callsign of the ADS-B OUT that it is detecting.

Friend had not turned on his tail number broadcast. Made it tough to get the report.

Back