What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

10th annual ice cream social at Inyokern, CA on March 10th

AX-O

Well Known Member
Sorry for the somewhat late notice, been busy with the new project. If you want to see it or find out what it is, show up.

The 10th annual ice cream social will be held at Inyokern, CA airport on March 10th from 1100-1400.

The ice cream social is just an excuse to get together, eat some free ice cream and fly. It started as a way to get folks involved and has grown every year. The most aircraft to ever show up was 48. Being that this is the 10th year I am aiming at the number of 50. Lets see what we can do.

If you would like to attend, please email me at axel_alvarez "at" hotmail "dot" com Use "Ice cream social" on the subject line of the email for spam filter reasons. If not, it will end up in the "trash/recycling bin" and I won't know you are coming. The head count will be used to figure out how much supplies my wife and I need to buy. All I need is your name and the number of people attending by March 3rd. Please DON'T wait until the last minute.

-The airport's web site is http://inyokernairport.com/

-Our preferred calm winds runway is 33.

-Runway 20 is the only runway with non-standard traffic (right pattern).

-Click 3 times on 122.8 for AWOS info.

-R-2506 is closed on the weekends. You can contact Joshua Approach on 133.65 if you wish to request flight following and restricted area over flight. I will call them and give them a heads up.

-When you are in the pattern, stay West of Highway 395.

-If you are coming from the West you can follow the red route. If you are coming from the North/East, you can follow the blue route.
IYK%2520route.JPG

Some things to remember if you are not familiar with airport operations.
-You are responsible for yourself, kids, family, etc. NO EXEPTIONS! You are there at your own risk, be vigilant around the flight line.

-Aircraft are the greatest invention of mankind however, they can also be dangerous. Approach every aircraft as if it were "ON". An encounter with a turning prop or intake can yield very bad injuries.

-DO NOT touch an aircraft unless you have the permission of the owner/pilot.

-Please leave your pets at home. No need to have your dog, cat, liger, emotional support peacock, etc. around each other, food or aircraft. If you MUST bring your pet, please have it on a leash (especially if it is a liger).

-Please make sure you dispose of your trash. If you don't, it could potentially do damage to aircraft engines/props. (And I will have to clean it up)

same as last year. The picture below depicts the area. It is the IYK terminal building. When you come off runway 33 or 02 on Taxiway B3, it is the building right ahead. BTW, the location is inside a red restricted area. It is NO LONGER active.

New%2520icream%2520social%2520location.png

Hope to see you and your family there. The only thing better than ice cream is free ice cream.

Axel and Alisha

Additional info:
I am working on a fuel discount. TBD at this point.

Since this is becoming very popular, it would be great if I could meet people to get some info about selection of propellers and Garmin avionics for my homebuilt?

I don't understand your question. Are you asking for me to invite avionic and propeller vendors to this event?

I don't understand your question. Are you asking for me to invite avionic and propeller vendors to this event?

Axel just goes to show how highly regarded your fly in has become. Maybe next year you should just host the AOPA fly in (lol)

3 maybe 4 will be there. Girls talk about the ice cream social all year.
Thanks for doing this every year!
Pascal

Update:

-Gas price will be $4.30/gal

-Unfortunately the new project will not be here for the social. I had to move it around and won't be able to pick it up. Since I said I would display it and that won't happen, attached is a pic. Please don't derail the thread as it is not an RV (Formula 1 racer) and we need to play in DR's sand box.

-WX is looking so-so. Currently predicted to be partly cloudy and winds 10-20 MPH.

-called Joshua Control. They won't know for sure is you will be able to cross restricted airspace. They won't know the answer until Friday. We discuss crossing over above 7,000 ft for best chances at approval.

tYYwsm68Q-IlfK3R-JYLBYWJW6mIREWwgKEOCX8nYWrhh21EhSKpNKgey-LUeS47t_Szxr7aXjqkNBCk7zZX_UU5ow9AmvoPjlhdEzd2GhCJ79OZgD2TGqoQSe4x8uv-YADqgYVXa_ZXMQHDutp12SLf2rAxaW-ZEWu1T--LvVQA1iUdJFkCsDBrpstuQeN0_QBHFXjbB2y52rGe5mTe8Tdv0unUV6kn3F-Rzzzm5NRDvHQR31o0inZ_v9r8wFjgRLHnkkXPH6LcZ5FpdytojBwvooKTj_bLVkAmndbqxKRe7E8Tw3pyF7XRkPSIWRrYernLIylgH9CBgTfOOHXp_3n8D8Cg7JZ6nat30o2il1p2ZO8_Z1ZgUjAbZw095pWh-WxPjxxa9odP-rbpQLE612WjEp2CAdbAMqHafSvEFmFO9G_2r_-SiiyAGzTqX5xXp7WFTg-Loo4JY_cEQvrtcgWWCJrhdxRJCj_icMCs5aFSmf6yWc77shXbqnwWZM1k_WoWT0cMu-UeH2YY62vDdbt8Q9P0lZQK-z27alC3cAToIW_LIytZJGUblDte81RvK5o8lV-eCMU2LQ22g_R10Qv3Pon3XM6BF39eQWP9LTsvO5LbkWYAbOsf9dHs7Nb32-hEmICXqFK9ooNvSaqdz3lcl3bg3dp5=w831-h624-no

ptgtYeLMl1aW5X5d7nSVU48hywkA_xudGJeZp7Qb5zRuWNf5MCx2i0JdBoDzmMNSM74v0IBw-y-DARXIwoouJX9y9Xz8CYvt6CzA31N3O97W1LlOn84khtyI-Dkq7GgHoNh_5MaKcxs63dFhBcGcVbtD5XdnR0KRVRu_vplFvXHKLulr9W3tA7m0G6CbOf89i1RvJe9VWDaGk4krtU7E7WtbWyBWuxQf6espIVdV0dqSvEcjmK67mcXr9OWsDf1pMy_2zPTCCy4wuBl1xXFe4mAvZGyJntXsiHvrd7jVuPL3OCWQbof9l4Fi7rgor6yQLGsGAw-0P64o4mrLtYr59IxnP9HyIkNEVx-pVdQN-9yBKr_EJ6Cb1d-8z8WJ2e2izScxGZpprP6kTgMEQoa0GVX7XZmLqw0nig0A96LLr8zeiBV_1FZTiAPYyUwfgDLWXAClpikWgD7kL5zqDh-e5zS6upjVrfmi5N9O5Qz0kbozdGp5wZKPxaOUzG29iGqItnqte0C00RJOe37agKyHpWPb6Sz1bqmWFoOJmssCtefQo_YUr9heH_3vh4Le2V9sNgo28hXVShEM5G_h_B23L4wsfPjvmuFTiEedK27Ij938gXSCRwicF8C53hg_QPywK0rThMwWOfvmjICR70m3jL204evgaDA3=w832-h1108-no

Last edited:
See you soon Nordo.

Break

We may need to be serving hot chocolate vice ice cream. WX is going to be cold :eek:

Please dont forget to let me know if your coming. I have only received about 20 emails.

Two of us planning to come down from Reno, but waiting for final weather info later in the week to confirm via email.

All,
I know the weather has been going back/forward on rain. Please don't push it tomorrow. If the WX is within your limits, see you tomorrow.

winter weather

It's looking like I might be able get there from the Sacramento area, but it's not obvious that I could make it home this afternoon. Bummer, I was looking forward to it. Next year...

Back