What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear canopy question

Av8rRob

Well Known Member
On page 38-03 step 8 says "final drill #27 all holes in the window ". Dumb question but even the drilled and tapped holes that go over the roll bar?

Thanks

I don't have plans at home so I can't say for certain but I think the answer is yes.
The plans have you initially leave the holes in the window under sized for the hole to act as a guide in helping to assure you tap the hole in the roll bar straight.
Once the holes have been tapped, you enlarge the screw holes in the window for a slip fit of the screw (the screw is intended to thread into only the roll bar).

Awesome thanks Scott. The diagram does don't indicate that so i wanted to be sure. That would pull the window tighter.

Awesome thanks Scott. The diagram does don't indicate that so i wanted to be sure. That would pull the window tighter.

Be careful....

The angle of the window only matches the angle of the roll bar across the top.
In other areas there is a slight mismatch and the screws are not intended to be torqued up tight which would put a lot of pre-load on the window at the holes.
That is why clear sealant is specified on the threads... to make sure the screws don't back out.

Back