What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rotax 4-Stroke Class in Virginia

Hello. There will hopefully be a Rotax Service Course (June 2 and 3) and Maintenance Course (June 4 and 5) at Blue Ridge Community College in Virginia. The course is given by Lockwood Aviation and is under the auspices of Blue Ridge Community College. They need 7 registrants to go ahead with the course. I am trying to give the course some free advertising because these classes are not often available in the northeast region. If you are interested then call the college at 540-453-2215. Thanks.

Last edited:
I made a mistake when I said that the Rotax Course would be at KSHD Airport. It will be at the BRCC Main Campus Fine Arts Building. Thanks.

Rotax 4-Stroke Course in Virginia

When my mechanic signed up there were just 2, and I was told that they want a minimum of 7 to run the class. I don't think that they do a lot of advertising for this course so that is why I posted the info here and on 2 other websites. I would think that there would be a lot of interest in a Rotax course in the northeast. I think that this college offers the Rotax course every year in conjunction with their Light Sport Aircraft Repairman Course. The Rotax 4-Stroke Course is separate from the Light Sport Repairman Course.
I think that that web address for more information is community.brcc.edu/aviation/index
Regards,
Damien

Last edited:
I called the college and was told the classes are not cancelled. They will not make a decision until mid May. As of today 6 are signed up for the service course and 4 for the maintenance course.

Rotax 4-Stroke Class

In my previous post I was pointing out that the class was cancelled last year from lack of interest. Thanks for the info about this year's class. It looks like they might be able to get enough participants to have the class this year.

Rotax Training Course in Virginia

I called the college today and so far 7 have signed up for the Rotax Service Course and 6 for the Maintenance Course, so it is looking likely that the course will be given.

I called the college today and so far 7 have signed up for the Rotax Service Course and 6 for the Maintenance Course, so it is looking likely that the course will be given.

I called today and they told me they only have 4 names on the list. I added mine. Sounds pretty tenuous as of today. If anyone has even a slight interest you should call and put your name on the list, otherwise it doesn't look hopeful to get the required attendance. They say they will call back to confirm later.

Last edited:
Update............

A person called me back from the college and apparently she has a different list of interested parties! According to her they have eight enrolled in the first class and seven in the second. If I decide to sign up and pay in advance that jumps to 9/8. Looks as if the classes are "on". Classes max out at 12. Cost is pretty steep - $679 each class. $545 if you go to Florida for it. Big difference. Will make final decision soon.

Classes getting full

Just made reservations for both the Rotax classes and was told the classes are getting full. So if any of you are on the fence about attending the classes, it would behoove you to make your decision fast.

California Power Systems hosted the courses I took a few weeks ago in Chino. $500 per course for initial attendance and $250 per course for attending to re qualify if you had been to it in the previous two years.

Back