What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who's going to Oshkosh?

jswareiv

Well Known Member
Who's going to Oshkosh? Anyone interested in getting together for a meal to share ideas? I will be there 7/28-7/30.

2014 Oshkosh RV Social

If you haven't seen the thread, this is probably a good place to start.
I won't be able to make it, but it sounds like most of the RV gang will be there.

"2014 Oshkosh RV Social

Monday July 28th

1366 WEST WAUKAU AVENUE

Starts When The Airshow Ends

(Ends When The Kegs Run Dry)

Ok gang, it's on! Come join the Beer Fairy at OSH, on Monday, after the airshow, for one night of libation, tall tales, and outright lies.

The nice folks at NationAir Insurance (http://lightaircraft.nationair.com/) have again offered their terrific backyard location. Please look for the NationAir staffers and thank them in some appropriate way. They'll be at 1366 Waukau all week with cool drinks and shade for weary aviators."

I intend to be going. Will depart Texas on Sunday the 27th and camping in HBC until Thurs the 31st.

We'll be arriving (by car) the 27th and staying until the morning of the 31st. Staying in Neenah.

we plan to be there Sunday afternoon and staying for an undetermined period of time. Just have to pick up our daughter at Mi Tech in Houghton by Aug 2nd. Think we might be camping.

Tail # N14ZIP

We will by at camp Scholler from 07/27 through the end. Driving the motorhome.

Wings, empennage and engine/prop drive done. Go an email back from Van's saying the order form will come out with changes and price for fuselage for Oshkosh. So will order that ASAP.:rolleyes:

Camping this year...

Trying something new this year. Sunday thru Thursday in GAC with some non-EAB friends. (GAC in an RV - should I expect any trouble??) ;)

I've always stayed off the premises, so this year I'm looking forward to lurking the field at night...

Last edited:
First year flying in

I am flying my 9A into the show for the first time. Arrival will be Saturday/Sunday depending on weather. The plan is to camp in a camper that a friend is driving in. That will make life easy, as he can carry to load in the camper, making for a light flight without baggage. Love it. Can't wait. Departure at the end of the week, when the weather looks good to fly back to California.

I am planning on being there the 28th and 29th. First time. Looking forward to seeing everything and meeting other RV'ers.

I'll be flying up from TX on Sunday morning (weather permitting of course), camping in HBC and going home either Thurs or Fri.

I will be driving up on Thursday the 31st. I can't get away till then. Will camp Friday and Saturday. I am a little worried that the luster of the show will be wearing down. I figure that most will be tuckered out by the end of the week.

I plan to order my fuselage kit then.

Anybody want to share a beer and tell some lies either Friday or Saturday?

Steve

I'm actually flying my C150 from Tucson to the SF bay area and then doing an air race (with 26 other aircraft) over 4 days to Oshkosh and then back to Tucson later next week. I've got the RV14 started at home in Tucson and hope to fly it to Tucson in 'a few' years. In all about a 3700 nm adventure. Look for me at the Hayward Air Rally parking at Oshkosh, Race #53, N22597.

Oshkosh 1980, my brother and I drove and pulled a rented pop-up camper. We were Easy Riser, and WeedHopper '?pilots?'. Haven't been every year sence then,,, but have not missed many Oshkosh adventures.

I have 12 Showplane mugs, flying my home built RVs and 'Shooter' my EXP Super Cub to Oshkosh. Brother and I flew my 1959 C172 a few times. No more driving from Texas!!!! Attended if you can!

I am supprised every year to find pilots that have Not! been to Oshkosh?!
It is a not to be missed event! For me,!..,, but not for everyone...??

I managed to fly my Beech P35 from St Martin, French West Indies, (where I was working) several times to Oshkosh. Guess I am just eat up with airplanes,,, no other excuease :rolleyes:

I'll be there from Thur evening till Sunday. I'll be the one looking like a lost puppy as this is my first!

Returned

All---I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth on my First Osh experience. Having some particular things I was looking for, I probably wasnt open minded enough to take in ALL things, but the walking 20 miles from Scholler around and around and around certainly got my attention. I met some of you there, didnt get to see alot of you (mainly due to my own time constraints) but certainly was a great experience for me.
Will definately do it differently next year.
Thanks to all for making my experience a great one.
Tom

Back