What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for help with basic maintenance near Oakland

kaa

Well Known Member
Hello everyone. I hope you had a great weekend.

Here is the situation. A couple of months ago I bought a (very well) flying RV-7. It it now time for an oil change and a few other minor things. It all seems pretty straightforward and I've read everything I could. However since I have zero experience with working on airplanes I figure it would be safer to have someone who actually knows what's going on there to oversee and/or guide my work for the first time.

So, I'm looking to hire or otherwise convince someone experienced to do an oil change with me. Preferably on a weekend. Any recommendations? The airplane is based in KOAK.

Thanks!

Are you looking for someone to travel to you, or are you willing to take the plane a reasonable distance to them???

I suspect option 2 will get more responses........

There's an excellent RV builder and A&P in Rio Vista..... You're going to need one to do the annual Condition Inspections anyway, may as well hook up with one now.

Last edited:
Why don't you fly over to Stockton this coming Saturday morning at 9:30 for the Stockton EAA monthly breakfast meeting? Tom Belisle, the host, has an RV-7A that he built. I'd be willing to bet he'd be happy to teach you how to change the oil and anything else you need to do. That's just how our chapter is. :)

Or, if you don't want to do it yourself, bring it to my shop at Stockton and we can do it for you. We have a full service maintenance facility, as well as aircraft sales and export.

Back