What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN 650 & CDI Source Select question

noelf

Well Known Member
I am using the GTN 6xx / 7xx STC Installation Manual, Rev. 11
My configuration is a GTN 650 to GAD 29 to G5 HSI and G5 AI and GMU11.

The installation manual, page E-52, figure E-20, shows P1001, pin 39 as the CDI source select connected to a momentary push button switch. The associated NOTE 3 refers the reader to Section 2.4.8 for additional information.

There is no Section 2.4.8 in this manual and I can not find where this information might have been placed anywhere else in this manual. Can anyone at Garmin tell me what is contained in Section 2.4.8
Thanks

I am using the GTN 6xx / 7xx STC Installation Manual, Rev. 11
My configuration is a GTN 650 to GAD 29 to G5 HSI and G5 AI and GMU11.

The installation manual, page E-52, figure E-20, shows P1001, pin 39 as the CDI source select connected to a momentary push button switch. The associated NOTE 3 refers the reader to Section 2.4.8 for additional information.

There is no Section 2.4.8 in this manual and I can not find where this information might have been placed anywhere else in this manual. Can anyone at Garmin tell me what is contained in Section 2.4.8
Thanks

Hello Noel,

If you wire up a CDI Source Select button to connector P1001, pin 39, you just need to go into configuration mode on the GTN, and on the Discrete Configuration page, make sure that this input pin is properly configured for "CDI Source Select".

The current version of this installation manual references a section which does exist and provides guidance on switch labeling, pilot accessibility, and visibility. Please contact us directly for more information.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve, and thanks...

REV 11 of the document does not contain the referenced information. I had printed this out just 2 months ago.

I just printed out REV 12 of the document and it does contain the info I was looking for. Thanks for the hint of "the current document".

Back