What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Selling price for slick mags and harnesses

Randy

Well Known Member
I am near the decision to purchase the "Vans Package" engine and Hartzel prop for my project.

I plan to use dual Pmags.

I searched the forums and could not find any good information on how much I might be able to sell the mags and harnesses for, plugs too for that matter, off of a Vans new Lycoming IO-360-M1B.

If someone has done this recently, can you share info?

Thanks

Randall

I am near the decision to purchase the "Vans Package" engine and Hartzel prop for my project.

I plan to use dual Pmags.

I searched the forums and could not find any good information on how much I might be able to sell the mags and harnesses for, plugs too for that matter, off of a Vans new Lycoming IO-360-M1B.

If someone has done this recently, can you share info?

Thanks

Randall

Not long ago I tried to sell a new complete Slick mag with harness and gear for $999 and did not get a single nibble.

Last year, I sold a Slick mag (came new with my engine), harness and gear for around $500. The mag had 110 hours on it. You may be able to get a bit more, but I would ballpark $600 each set.

Hope this helps,
Jason

After reading Dan Hortons article in Kitplanes recently, and knowing what I do about the topic, my opinion and I stress my opinion, is to keep your two mags and use the money on something else.

A well set up IO360 with properly timed mags, good spark plugs etc?.is pretty darned hard to beat. ;)

PM me if you want to discuss further.

After reading Dan Hortons article in Kitplanes recently, and knowing what I do about the topic, my opinion and I stress my opinion, is to keep your two mags and use the money on something else.

A well set up IO360 with properly timed mags, good spark plugs etc?.is pretty darned hard to beat. ;)

PM me if you want to discuss further.

My Barrett IO360 (Superior) runs just fine on mags. When one of them gives up I will go with one of Robert Paisley's units.

Back