What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USA: North Dakota

Hazen KHZE

Mercer County Regional Airport is a dream for a transient pilot. Located by this power plant on Missouri River. Fuel $4.72 as of June 2012.

4.jpg

Inside the terminal there is a bedroom $25 a night. Full bath.

2.jpg

Conference room with the bedroom to the right.

DSC_0109.jpg

Bedroom.

1-1.jpg

In this hangar there is a courtesy van in excellent shape.

3-1.jpg

I met an RVator there and he put my plane in big communal hangar with King Air and his AirTractor.

Town is small but has couple good places to eat and a big supermarket (Krause). Stop by you will like it.

Long runway.

5.jpg

Holy smokes!! RV traffic in ND-awesome. I am between Fargo (FAR) and Grand Forks (GFK) on a private strip by D56.

Yep - based in MOT here with my RV-4 & PA-18 - going to be a good airshow I'm thinking on the 4th of July...

Darren I have an 8 that I normally keep at MOT. Out of town currently though. I'll look you up when I get it back there. Maybe we can find a place to round up the ND Rvators every now and then

Great, sounds good - there's a -4 out of Mandan and an -8 were up to Garrison fly-in on Father's day from West Fargo...

I have the -4 from Mandan. There's a -7a and -8 in Bismarck. Don't know who the red -8 at Garrison was. Let me know about any RV get together. I do shift work in Beulah but get out when I can.

Believe it or not, North Dakota is on my bucket list... along with the other 12 states in the US, and the 9 provinces and 1 territory in Canada at which I've yet to visit utilizing GA.;)

Wahpeton, ND

One more in North Dakota. Located in Wahpeton. Building a RV10 that hopes to fly next mid summer.

Back