What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

High fuel flow indication

I don't know if D-1000 can be adjusted after initial calibration. The D-180 that I have can't be changed and re-calibration would be required.

That being said, the design of the 912ULS fuel tank doesn't allow the electric resistance float sender to register above ~17 gallons because of the tapered shape of the top of the tank. Between 17–20 gallons will only register 17 gallons. If you start with a full tank you’ll need to burn off ~ 4 gallons before the fuel gage will begin to register actual amount in the tank. If you tell the fuel computer that the tank is full it will begin registering fuel burned and amount remaining to waypoint right from the start of the flight.

From the SkyView Installation Guide page 7-49, fuel level sensors must be calibrated. Your SkyView display
utilizes onscreen wizards that help you do this. Go to the EMS Calibration Menu to access these wizards
(SETUP MENU > HARDWARE CALIBRATION > EMS CALIBRATION)
The fuel sensor float will hit the top of the tank before the tank is completely full. So the high limit
will be less than 20 gallons, but should be much more than 14.4 gallons.
If calibrating the Dynon can not fix the problem, the sensor float arm might not be properly bent.

From the SkyView Installation Guide page 7-49, fuel level sensors must be calibrated. Your SkyView display
utilizes onscreen wizards that help you do this. Go to the EMS Calibration Menu to access these wizards
(SETUP MENU > HARDWARE CALIBRATION > EMS CALIBRATION)
The fuel sensor float will hit the top of the tank before the tank is completely full. So the high limit
will be less than 20 gallons, but should be much more than 14.4 gallons.
If calibrating the Dynon can not fix the problem, the sensor float arm might not be properly bent.

Thank you, Joe!

I have the same issue with the float hitting the upper stop at 17 gallons. You could always bend the float wire to read 20 gal at the top of the tank, but I prefer to have accurate level indication when the tank is low rather than high. I don?t care if I have 17 or 20 gallons but I do care if I have 2 or 4 if I?m ever dumb enough to be in that situation.

Back