What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rotax Mechanic in Texas Wanted

MrSparkle

I have failed miserably at syncing my carbs and am looking for an experienced Rotax mechanic who can help me out. I am looking for someone who truly knows how to setup and synchronize the carbs on a 912; central Texas would be ideal but have RV-12, will travel; someone with a DynaVibe would be a bonus.

Thanks for your recommendations,

Ian Heritch
N417E
San Antonio, TX

Carb Sync

I can't help you with a mechanic but there are some good videos on rotax-owner.com that show how to do it. I had never done it but after watching the videos, I borrowed a CarbMate and synched mine. The engine idles better than ever.

So I think the video's are very helpful if you haven't already watched them.

Rotax Mechanic in Houston

For what it's worth, there's an excellent A&P/IA at TX42 (Fair Weather) in the Houston area. Look at https://theaeroworks.com/. Every time I've been to their hangar, there are multiple LSAs, and I know he's Rotax certified. He's done extremely thorough annuals and other maintenance on my Cessna 182 in the past, and worked on a friend's Cavalon autogyro. He's as honest as the day is long, and is cost conscious.

Call the number on the website and ask for Wayne. Tell him I sent you!

John Leon

Ian.. I was looking at a Rotax powered plane for sale down in Boerne. He gets all his Rotax work done by a certified Rotax guy right there at San Antonio airport. Sorry, I can?t remember the guy?s name but you should be able to look him up on the Rotax web site or just check the repair centers there on the field for reference to Rotax repair.

Carl

I have failed miserably at syncing my carbs and am looking for an experienced Rotax mechanic who can help me out. I am looking for someone who truly knows how to setup and synchronize the carbs on a 912; central Texas would be ideal but have RV-12, will travel; someone with a DynaVibe would be a bonus.

Thanks for your recommendations,

Ian Heritch
N417E
San Antonio, TX

If you use the Carb Mate, I have put a string on each carb linkage and ran them in the cockpit. When I'm idling and watching the lights I pull gently on one of the strings, this makes the lights on the Carb Mate move to the center for that carb...it also lets me know about how much to make the adjustment... if you go too far in your adjustment the light will move towards the other carb. so you'll wind up chasing the light around from one carb. to the other...the string idea came from some other guy either on this forum or another. I went nuts trying to do it since I really didn't know what effect my adjustments had on the Carb Mate box, using the string let me know which way to adjust the cable/cables...I hope this helps.

Rotax A&P

I live in DFW and I work on Rotax engines. I have my A&P. I work for a flight school and we have Sport Cruisers that run the Rotax 912. I could help you or do it. You can call me at 513-376-5252.

Back