What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

mixture lever touching cowl

Guilhermepilot

Well Known Member
I have learned many guys had this issue, mine is inverted up position and is touching, I read that it can be repositioned, maybe if I get it 15 degrees behind actual position on full rich. Anybody here did this way? I saw many putting it upside down and cutting FAB, or making a hole on cowl, but this option in my opinion is the worst

VI superior IO360 Silver hawk fuel system

I had an email from precision stating that are off set as well strait levers avlb, also it is ajustable, but I need to figure it out if my mixture cable will accept it in terms of lengh

maybe a mixture alternate rotation direction ?

Not sure of your complete issue, but Precision does make a model of the Silverhawk FI servo where the mixture lever rotates clockwise for idle cutoff. This is normally used on vertical induction engines. Might be worth looking into before you modify too many other parts.

I assume you have the offset lever. I had the same problem. Switched to the straight lever and it clears the cowling. I did however have to modify the air filter box to accommodate the straight lever. Made a small three sided box that is up against the air filter. It all turns out to have minimal but adequate clearances. Hope this helps

Back