What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Out of Phase I!!!

jswareiv

Well Known Member
Yesterday I put the rest of the time on the ship and now I am out of Phase I and will be putting the entry in the logbook. Free at last, Free at last!! (I just made that up, O.K., maybe not) In cruise with wheel pants on between 4,500-9,500, cruise is holding around 168-173KTS, burning 10.6 GPH. WOT and RPM 24". So it's definitely faster and seems "smoother, less turbulent" with wheel pants. Still have a heavy left wing and need to resolve that, otherwise, all is good.

29fdzeg.jpg

Heavy left wing

Good Morning Stoney!
Glad to hear your Phase I is complete. Sounds like your plane is doing well, you need to plan a cross country to 5TN4. Which paint shop have you chosen? Also, you say you have a heavy left wing. Do you have any ideas how to attack that issue? I had difficulty getting the controls setup according to the plans. I finally made a second aileron jig so I could rig the entire system at once. I do not yet know if it worked since I'm not flying yet.
Marvin

Back