What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New GTR-200B

Interested in this, anyone know the list price difference?

Here you go.
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=167855

"The GTR 200B is available now for a suggested retail price of $1,395.00. The existing GTR 200 is still available at the same suggested retail price of $1,199.00 for those with a Bluetooth audio panel like the GMA 245 that don?t need a Bluetooth capable COM radio and intercom."

Thanks for your interest,
Steve

AMU

Every time I see someone use this "AMU" it makes me cringe. Commonly used on the Mooney forum that is full of internet experts. As someone that worked airline maintenance for forty years the last thing we need is another acronym that accomplishes nothing. iDG is one that makes sense, it's easier than saying Intergrated Drive Generator. AMU just sounds amateurish. Actually saying .195K is shorter.

Last edited:
Since garmin decided to cease support of all GX gps units making them useless for IFR flight, they will never get my business from me.

How long do you expect a company to provide support a 20+ year old product?
Seems obvious that it was just not economically feasable to continue to support for a decades old product for a very small number of folks.

How many folks are running a 20 year old anything with electonics?
I was p**sed when they couldn't fix my flip phone and I was "forced" to buy an Iphone (the old flip phone always got a good laugh when I showed it to the folks at the phone store) :D

Support

I can't get new factory parts for our '91 VW, but I can get new factory parts for my '75 BMW motorcycle. I don't know why BMW still supports 50 year old motorcycles... but they do. VW could do the same and so could Garmin but it would be very difficult.

It is much easier to support old motorcycles than certified avionics (gaskets and bearings vs LCD screens and circuit boards).

Every time I see someone use this "AMU" it makes me cringe.

I'm with you on this one.. what does it stand for?

It's obviously $1000 (0.196 = $196) but what do they mean?

EDIT : NVM, "Aviation Monetary Unit"... aka $1000

Happy Day!!

Standard Avionics Kit:
? Garmin G3X Touch system: includes GDU 460 10.6? infrared touchscreen display with built-in WAAS GPS receiver, video input and wireless Connext capability, GTX 35R transponder, GEA 24 engine monitor, GMU 11 magnetometer, GSU 25 ADAHRS, GA 36 WAAS antenna, GPS 20A ADS-B OUT, TCW backup battery
? Garmin GTR 200B 10w Com radio with stereo intercom, 3d audio, Bluetooth connectivity, integrated G3X control
? ACK E-04 ELT
? Switch/fuse panels and control modules, RAC stick grips and antennas
? Wiring harnesses and mounting hardware

Since it?s showing up in the Garmin package, can someone at Vans confirm if the GTR-200 shown in the Dynon package is correct or not updated yet?

Standard Avionics Kit:
• Dynon SkyView HDX (ready-to-install unit includes single 10" HDX Display, SV-ADAHRS-200 Attitude reference module, SV-XPNDR-261 Mode S Transponder, SV-GPS-2020 GPS receiver (2020 USA compliant), SV-BAT-320 Backup battery, SV-EMS-220 Engine Instrumentation Module w/probes, SV-SYNVIS-280 Synthetic Vision Module, SV-MAP-270 Moving Map software with USA FAA Navigation Database.)
• Garmin GTR-200B Com radio/stereo intercom with bluetooth ●ACK E-04 ELT ●Switch/fuse panels and control units
• Wiring harnesses, RAC stick grips, antennas, panels and mounting hardware
• NOTE: International customers must purchase Jeppesen or Pocket FMS data separately.

I?m apparently having browser problems. My Vans web page keeps bringing up the 11/8/18 version of the avionics order form, but if I copy the link for the form and paste it into a new browser it brings up the 1/24/19 version, which DOES show the 200B. Not IT savvy enough to understand what?s happening but glad to have the question answered. Didn?t expect this to be such a complex question. Thanks.

I?m apparently having browser problems. My Vans web page keeps bringing up the 11/8/18 version of the avionics order form, but if I copy the link for the form and paste it into a new browser it brings up the 1/24/19 version, which DOES show the 200B. Not IT savvy enough to understand what?s happening but glad to have the question answered. Didn?t expect this to be such a complex question. Thanks.

It's in your cache. Open up the page.. then hold control + F5 to force a refresh.

Thanks for the advice, but I?m running iOS on an iPad. Not sure how to clear that. Like I said, I?m not an IT guru.

Back