What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Updating G3X Touch Software To V8.6

jcl777

I purchased my -iS as a completed aircraft a few months ago, so have not had to go thru any such updates to date. I just noticed Garmin's posted an update from V8.4 to V8.6. The update procedure is simple. My question is - do I have to be concerned about this update overwriting any settings or configurations?

TIA

I purchased my -iS as a completed aircraft a few months ago, so have not had to go thru any such updates to date. I just noticed Garmin's posted an update from V8.4 to V8.6. The update procedure is simple. My question is - do I have to be concerned about this update overwriting any settings or configurations?

TIA
Hello John,

No, there is no concern with losing your configuration when you update software, but it is always a good idea to have a copy of your configuration safely stored on an SD card.

Section 35.4.5 of the current G3X Touch Installation manual explains how to Export your configuration to an SD card, and reload it to your system if necessary.

Please feel free to contact us directly for these kinds of questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
Did this update V8.6 address the ADS-b Cloud and Ice data info coming from the GTX 45R Bluetooth? I think Garmin said a few months ago it was planning to use the CAN Bus to link the Cloud data from the GTX 45R to the G3X display. Is this data still coming from the Bluetooth connection in the GTX 45R? What is the status of this change?

Thanks for your support.

Steve,
Did this update V8.6 address the ADS-b Cloud and Ice data info coming from the GTX 45R Bluetooth? I think Garmin said a few months ago it was planning to use the CAN Bus to link the Cloud data from the GTX 45R to the G3X display. Is this data still coming from the Bluetooth connection in the GTX 45R? What is the status of this change?

Thanks for your support.
Hello jdmrv7a,

The software version change information presented to you when you downloaded the new software explains the changes for each released software version.

If you have additional questions, please send us an email.

Thanks,
Steve

G3X v8.6 update

Updated my G3X system earlier this week to v8.6 and loaded current monthly Nav and Chart data. Flight tested for an hour with 507 autopilot including two RNAV approaches. System performed as normal in that limited test.

Back