What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Foreflight Sentry Pireps?

Works like a charm. However, It will not work with IOS earlier than 10.2. Loaded up an old mini for a backup and the aircraft won't display. I really like using Sentry. Incredible SA and battery lasts forever!
Cheers
Scott

Works like a charm. However, It will not work with IOS earlier than 10.2. Loaded up an old mini for a backup and the aircraft won't display. I really like using Sentry. Incredible SA and battery lasts forever!
Cheers
Scott

The latest ForeFlight Mobile also requires iOS 11 or later as well.

Sentry is fantastic. I use it all the time in my RV, and get great reception, both of ADS-B and GPS.

Works ok. Had to do some rigamarole with a factory reset and firmware upgrade when I first got it brand new from Sporty's. Its worked fine for awhile. But, now the CO detector has gone off a couple of times and its gave me an error message on the last flight. I'm thinking I may have to haul it outta my bag mess with it some more.

Works great, even in aircraft with heated windshields.

For what it?s worth, I am fortunate enough to have access to ForeFlight diagnostics that others may not have. My tests showed that Stratus 2S with external ADS-B and GPS antennas gets around 27% less signal strength than an out of the box Sentry, as it relates to the signal received through heated windows.

The latest ForeFlight Mobile also requires iOS 11 or later as well.

Sentry is fantastic. I use it all the time in my RV, and get great reception, both of ADS-B and GPS.

If you have an older Ipad or mini, you can load previous versions of foreFlight and with the older ADSB-in devices, it will show traffic. I loaded a previous version which works by itself but unfortunately Sentry requires 10.2 or newer for all the Gucci stuff.

Back