What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finally pulled the trigger- Bought an RV-8

BHunt

Well Known Member
I was waiting until everything had gone through, but after years of searching, I finally found the 8 I couldn't go on without. Will probably start having a lot more questions after I fly her home, but just wanted have a quick post about actually being an RV owner now!

23k9nuv.jpg

i42xs4.jpg

2epoveo.jpg

icqyrs.jpg

Looking forward to flying it back home.

Last edited:
showplanes

Love it. That's how I built my 8 with the showplanes cowl and fastback. I went with vetterman trombone exhaust, kind of curious which exhaust that you have there. Also looks like you have the 74RV prop with the best spinner option...the longest one. Do you have any numbers that you can share on wide open KTAS? I'm still in phase one, flying without wheel pants.

Love it. That's how I built my 8 with the showplanes cowl and fastback. I went with vetterman trombone exhaust, kind of curious which exhaust that you have there. Also looks like you have the 74RV prop with the best spinner option...the longest one. Do you have any numbers that you can share on wide open KTAS? I'm still in phase one, flying without wheel pants.

The exhaust was done by Butch Milani.

200RV Prop.

Will talk the numbers when I get to fly it. Going to get it in two weeks. But I was told 200 knots.

Sweet!

Nice find, Scooby! Glad you joined the RV ownership club. Can't wait to see this in person some day.

Perfectly good use of that CZTE, IMO. :D Sawadee!

Great! When you are looking for places to fly, come on up to Caldwell. You should be able to make it in about 20 minutes with that plane!!

Good breakfast and lunch here - not fancy but good!

that is a sweet looking 8 and you just happen to get the car in there too-sweet! :)
ED9B8DA3-7509-439C-8064-B5DB67B84A6D.jpg

Cause you and Cranberry are the only outcast builders that have deviated from the plans that are etched in stone . Real Rebels !

I think you mean crabandy? Maybe spell help did you in or there is another builder we should meet.

Back