What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need info on 52F

guccidude1

Well Known Member
Friend
"Good Lord willin' and the Creeks don't rise", my wife and I are headed to Colleyville to visit family for 3-4 days. We plan to leave Reno Monday, 10 Jul, and arrive Tuesday afternoon. We usually tie down at DTO, but this year might try to get in a little closer. What is the "skinny" on 52F. I have the fuel price, thank you AirNav, and assume there are adequate tie downs. What I would really like is a hangar/space for those 3-4 days. If everything works out I want to remove my P-Mags and take them over to Azle for tuneup and the v40 upgrade. Thanks, Dan from Reno

Van Cave

Dan,

52F is home to the "Van Cave" where our host DR resides. You might try and contact him directly. He may have space for you.

Denton is better

I think Denton is better right now. The runway at 52F needs work. The FBO in Denton is very reasonable on hangar and rent cars are available.

Van Cave

I have a spot for you if it's just for a few days. We'll put your RV in the hangar. Best fuel is KGLE (Gainesville) or Sherman (KSWI). Fuel purchase our field MUCH MUCH higher - none of us buy it there.

How's free sound for hangar space?

Get in touch if this sounds OK.

v/r,
dr

Doug: Thank you for your generous offer, I will take you up on that, unless something unforeseen happens. I will keep you posted as to our progress. I look forward to a tour of your hangar. Dan from Reno

Hey Doug, I can vouch for Dan. I met him at Reno Air Races in 2008. You two will get along fine. :D

Back