What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 #74191 John Anderson

jta2010

I'm New Here
After a few weeks of preparation and practice, I can now officially say that I am building an airplane! It seems surreal to think I have actually started working on my airplane and I'm excited for the journey. Thanks to those of you I've been able to glean some knowledge from and to those of you I will rely on heavily in the future while I'm working through this project. This website is an awesome resource and I very much appreciate those that put the work in to make it better. I've met some great builders and owners in California so far and look forward to meeting more of you soon.

Threw in a quick picture to show what I was able to get done tonight. Got the rear spar reinforcement bars all taken care of and will do some deburring and start on the forward spar tomorrow. Awesome!

2hrznza.jpg

And for those that would like to follow, my construction log is at http://johnsrv7.blogspot.com/.

Welcome and great post!

Its always exciting to see guys starting new projects.
Ill be following your blog and definitely run your questions thru this site, incredibly helpful on Everything!

Best of luck!

Congrats!

Hi John,

Welcome! I started on my -7 here in Half Moon Bay back in November and and now I'm fitting the leading edges to the wings. It's a great journey ... enjoy Let me know if you need any help on the bucking bar when that time comes.

Last edited:
Welcome and great post!

Its always exciting to see guys starting new projects.
Ill be following your blog and definitely run your questions thru this site, incredibly helpful on Everything!

Best of luck!

Amen, welcome to the RV-7 fold, John! Wow, that's 168 -7s started in the 20+ months since I started mine. Looks like you're off to a great start. If you ever get this far south feel free to call; I'm in the VAF White Pages.

Back