What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spraying CorrosionX

Mark Jackson

Patron
Want to mist the wing interior with CorrosionX. What can I use to produce the fine mist? Not anxious to spend 900 for the CorrosionX spray system.

I was trying a Sureshot mister but it appears the liquid is too viscous to mist, just comes out in a stream.

Are there any inexpensive alternatives?

I think we used a pump up plastic bottle designed for spraying garden insecticides. About a 3 foot wand. Worked okay.

Rent One

When I did my C-150 with Dinitrol I rented the spray equipment from the place I got the Dinitrol. Did it over a weekend. Of course it needed a compressor as well. BTW I hope the exterior is already painted, the Corrosion X (or Dinitrol) will leak out of the skin joints.

Last edited:
Possible alternative spray system

While at Sun 'n Fun, the Corrosion X Rep gave me this site http://triconsprayers.com

He thinks some of their bullet tipped wands can be modified with a thin angular slice to directionally spray the Corrosion X. They may have other useful wands and tips but he wasn't sure. You may still have to purchase wands and tips from the Corrosion X application system. The Rep was not associated with the Tricon Sprayers but was offering me some information for possible assembling a cheaper system. Worth looking into...

Want to mist the wing interior with CorrosionX. What can I use to produce the fine mist? Not anxious to spend 900 for the CorrosionX spray system.

I was trying a Sureshot mister but it appears the liquid is too viscous to mist, just comes out in a stream.

Are there any inexpensive alternatives?

Mark, if you are contemplating doing it with your 8 under construction and the wing is not painted, it might be worth considering waiting until after paint.

FWIW, this is on my Mooney which was painted about a year ago.

I ordered one of the Tricon sprayers designed for aviation corrosion inhibitors for $99. I will report back on its performance.

Thanks for the pointer to Tricon.

Don't do it before you get your plane painted. It will seep out of seems for years, easily ruining a paint job. When you do spray it remember that a little goes a LONG way. More is not better.

I received the Tricon $99 corrosion inhibitor sprayer this weekend. It does create a very fine mist which I managed to spray in my face within 5 minutes of opening. Look like it will do the job nicely.

The temperature in Houston immediately plunged 20 degrees which has put the spraying plans on hold.

Back