What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch EFIS Settings

BCP Boys

Well Known Member
Well I've been flying behind the new panel now for just over a week now and I have to say it's great and a bit overwhelming. I would like to further enhance the EFIS settings with color coded indications. A few of the color settings were pretty straight forward, such as Fuel Quantity. I got to thinking that almost all of the EFIS indicators should have color indications, rather than just the standard numerical indicators. So I ask myself, "Self, surely someone from the greatest community on the planet has done this already and you don't have to recreate the wheel"? Can someone share the values in which they set up the color indicators on their Fixed Pitch O-360? I was going to use some of my old settings from the previous EFIS but I'm already seeing some very different numbers on the G3X Touch. Things like the fuel flow I'm still working on and determining exact amount but that will take a few flights and some more calibration but things like EGT, CHT, Fuel Pressure. The folks that have been flying with G3X/Touch, what values are you using for the color indicators for the above? For example, Oil Temp: Bottom (cold) being in Red, then White, then Green and then Top (Hot) in Red again... what values should I be entering for those? Can someone please be kind enough to share these values with me. I think this would save me a couple of hours and some headache :D

Hello Amir,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new G3X Touch system.

The operator's manual for your engine is the best place to start for coming up with temperature and pressure ranges that are acceptable for your engine.

For example, my carbureted engine manual indicates that the fuel pressure should be 0.5 psi minimum, 3 psi desired, and 8 psi maximum, so that gives me the green band for the fuel pressure, and the start of the red band on either end. When setting the red band from 0 to 0.5 psi, I made that an alert band so I get a low fuel pressure crew alert message on the PFD with aural alert should the fuel pressure drop below the minimum specified in flight.

I actually set my lower limit higher than the 0.5 psi minimum specified in the manual, because I know it should never run anywhere close to 0.5 psi in flight with either fuel pump operating.

After that, it really comes down to what looks good, and works well for you. I see some engine gauges setup with a wild array of colors, and that isn't for me, but if you makes you happy, go for it!

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Back