What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Boost Pump Mounting Instructions

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
Does anyone know about a drawing or set of instructructions for mounting the electric fuel pump? I ordered the F-7115A/B/C parts. I'm probably not going to use the Airflow Performance fuel pump. At the moment I'm leaning towards the EFII pump but I'd still like to see how Vans planned on this section going together. I think I mostly have it figured out but I'd like to have some confirmation before I go much further.

Does anyone know about a drawing or set of instructructions for mounting the electric fuel pump? I ordered the F-7115A/B/C parts. I'm probably not going to use the Airflow Performance fuel pump. At the moment I'm leaning towards the EFII pump but I'd still like to see how Vans planned on this section going together. I think I mostly have it figured out but I'd like to have some confirmation before I go much further.

OP-21 is the standard drawing for the fuel pump. It is the older one, though. I assume Vans has a new OP DWG for the latest pump. Suggest you order the digital drawing set from Vans and ask about the newest pump drawing.

I can send a print/pdf of that OP if you send your email. It may or may not help.

Ray, since Vans never intended on the EFII pump being used, they dont have ( to my knowledge) a set of plans for its installation. The ones we've done have be VARIED--to say the least! Usually in conjunction with the Andair Duplex valve for the complete EFII injection system.

But, the pump and filters can me mounted UNDER the stock covers.

Tom

Pump install

Several photos of the Airflow Performance pump and filter on my blog. It's the pump kit Vans sells for the IO360M1B on the 7. Comes with everything except the fuel lines. I got those from TS Flightlines. Highly recommended. No need to fuss when Tom makes them perfect.

Thanks for all the comments. Bill, thanks for the Vans drawing.

I think I understand the intent. Now it's just how far I go off on my own with any modifications.

Back