What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New builder R-14A

455MD

I'm New Here
I quit lurking and bought an empennage at Oshkosh. The box arrived Friday, trouble free. Inventory begins today. There are still workshop things to do. I need a good bandsaw and I am still trying to perfect riveting technique but things should be in full swing shortly.

Looking forward to the road ahead and I am grateful for the community here that has already provided a lot of support and direction.

riveting

I quit lurking and bought an empennage at Oshkosh. The box arrived Friday, trouble free. Inventory begins today. There are still workshop things to do. I need a good bandsaw and I am still trying to perfect riveting technique but things should be in full swing shortly.

Enjoy the journey, it's very rewarding and at times, fun. Dont' worry about the riveting technique, the 14 has over 20,000 rivets and you will get good at it, even better at drilling them out! :)

Another Houston -14

I'm building a -14 down in Pearland, but I'm up in your area pretty often (I have a brother in the Woodlands). The local EAA chapter is also very active.

Welcome to the journey!

Pat

Back