What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stall Warning Plus AOA?

JCThomas

I'm New Here
Just started on the wings and was thinking about not installing the stall warning system that is included in the wing kit because I'm going to have an AOA system. Should I install both or just the AOA? Any thoughts from anyone?

In the -10 I consider the stall warning buzzer useless, as I cannot really hear it thru the noise attenuating headsets. I have an AOA audio channeled into the headsets, that works fine.

Since my plan is to run AOA I closed up the holes for the stall warning system.
Not a difficult job.

Hi Joe,
I have an AOA in my 8 with an LED ladder on the glareshield. If you have an AOA with aural and visual cues I can not think of a good reason to install the stall warning system included in the kit. Save the weight, time and effort and leave it behind.

My 2 cents.

MD

I have both installed. The stall warning is currently disconnected due to a bad switch. I haven't got around to repairing it since I have the AOA. I don't miss it all. I wish had filled the hole in during construction.

I bought my RV-8 already built. It doesn't have a stall warning device installed or an AoA.

I'm going to install an AoA.

Back