What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Axle mount holes

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Anyone have trouble installing the four NAS 1304 (I think) 29 close tolerance bolts in the main gear legs that fasten the axles. Holes in my right gear leg are a little undersize (left leg fit tight as needed). I tried an AN-4 bolt and it will not go either. Did send an e-mail to Van's but that will take til middle of next week for an answer.
Anyone know the tolerance for these bolts? I'm doubtful a 1/4" reamer will be called for here, probably something under sized.

Tight bolts

I had the same problem, but only on the right gear leg. I ran a under sized drill bit through the tight holes. This was just enough to get the bolts through with slight encouragement from a small hammer.

The closes undersized I have is a "D" drill bit but the hole still appears to be too tight. I suspected others would have the same problem.

Just received a reply from Sterling @ Van's and he said a 1/4" reamer is just what the callout requires for these holes. I have that reamer.

Back