What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop bushings

dave4754

Well Known Member
I have purchased a Sensenich metal prop requiring 7/16 bushings in the flange.

My Lycoming O-320-B2C has 3/8 bushings in the flange.

Can anyone help me with the part number needed to order the new bushings?

As usual at ACS no one knows their products and are NO help in determining the required part. is there anyone else to order from, after thousands spent there the frustration of trying to get order help is too much!

For those quick to point out the archives here please point away as I have Searched and have had "nojoy" so far.

Thanks for any and all help.

Dave

I have purchased a Sensenich metal prop requiring 7/16 bushings in the flange.

My Lycoming O-320-B2C has 3/8 bushings in the flange.

Can anyone help me with the part number needed to order the new bushings?

As usual at ACS no one knows their products and are NO help in determining the required part. is there anyone else to order from, after thousands spent there the frustration of trying to get order help is too much!

For those quick to point out the archives here please point away as I have Searched and have had "nojoy" so far.

Thanks for any and all help.

Dave

To get you started a search of Prop Bushings came up with this VAF thread of Changing Prop Lugs O-320. Good info as always with Lycoming SI reference in post #6.

Update: Here is the LINK to the most current SI 1098N pdf dated 2.14.2018.

Last edited:
Can you not achieve the same thing in your prop spacer? I know you can with the old 4" spacers; I've run multiple different 3/8 & 7/16 sized props on my 3/8 lug O-320.

If you want to change bushings be sure to call your local engine rebuilding shop.

Whenever they scrap crankshafts they usually remove all of the prop bushings and will have a bucket full to sell cheap. :)

RE: Prop lugs

I have a set available that I purchased to change an O-320 but never used. Measure your flange thickness and PM or e-mail me if interested. littlemiranda at gmail

Kevin

Crank Bushings

Bob Merril at Aircraft Specialty Services in Tulsa can fix you up. They stock new and used serviceable parts. He will know what you need.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

wow finally some help

Thanks guys I will follow up on all the suggestions given.

Thanks again

Dave

Back